Sunday 17 January 2016

What's all this? A new blog?

Hullo Everyone 
This is a blog by me 'G' on science and health journalism. I am an exchange student from the old country, England, with Australian roots chilling out, maxing, relaxing in Connecticut. 
 I enjoy doing different kinds of journalism, such as international and sports journalism, because exploring different areas is exciting. Wandering around a part of the world I don't know, such as Dallas, for example, excites me. It is the same for writing; exploring different topics gives me a purpose and a new shiny thing to focus on. 

Of course, not everything about journalism is exciting. There is a dark side. 


And that man is the face of that dark side. He is the reason ethics are so important. He has encouraged blatant sexism, been a warmonger and taken sport away from the common man. He treats the people who work for him quite badly and he has never shown any remorse. 

Ethics are vital because they keep us humane, they keep us from turning into that we stand against. Journalists with morals report both sides of a war zone, respect the privacy of others and are not liberal with the truth. 

Hey- keep following and watch this space. I write, and say, what I think. It almost always lands me in hot water but I love a good jacuzzi. Plus I have been known to, on occasional, produce some moments of sparkling wit. 

I love to peruse articles outside of my interests. I read an interesting one on psychology recently. Psychology I think helps with the mentally deficient, for want of a better phrase. Other than that, however, I find it to be a dull pointless topic for the most part. It may be an interesting elective in college but it has little practical use in the real world. Who cares how somebody's brain ticks? 

But the article was interesting. It mentioned that they were going to redo 100 psychological tests including famous ones. If that was applies to all tests and surveys done in the name of science, it may bring about great change. 

But until it is applied to a real science, like biology, I cannot have more than a passing interest. 




http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/08/psychology-studies-reliability-reproducability-nosek/402466/  

No comments:

Post a Comment